Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Dealing With Divorce in the New Millennium

By the time you get to a certain point in your life, you’ll have to endure loss. It might be losing a parent, a job or your hair. Sometimes it’s the loss of a spouse. In any of these cases, knowing you’re not alone can help to ease the pain.
Seattle writer Theo Pauline Nestor writes about the ups and downs of modern-day divorce in her new memoir, "How to Sleep Alone in a King-Size Bed."
The title encapsulates what a friend of mine is going through now, so I read Nestor’s book with a mix of emotions. I was eager for insights that could help me help my friend, but I didn’t want to be a voyeur.
I needn’t have. Nestor is candid, but tender, too. In telling her side of the story, she respects that there are other perspectives. She keeps whining to a minimum, and her well-honed sense of the absurd helps to leaven the tale...

To read the remainder of this article, click here

For more information, contact the Law Offices of Renee M. Marcelle at (415) 456-4444, or online at www.familylawmarin.com

No comments: