Monday, October 13, 2008

Kids & Divorce

George Stahnke, "We were called into the living room of the house and mom was on one side and dad was over on the other… my sister and I were on the floor… and they told us that they were going to get divorced, and asked us so, who would you like to live with?"
That’s the kind of memory that leaves a life-long scar. It happened decades ago, but George still remembers it like it was yesterday.
George says, "I was just shocked, I couldn’t believe what I was hearing."
Some experts say that kids are resilient, that they’ll adjust. And they can. But long-term research shows that divorce continues to negatively impact kids many years after the fact...

To read the remainder of this article, click here

For more information, contact the Law Offices of Renee M. Marcelle at (415) 456-4444, or online at www.familylawmarin.com

No comments: